We were surprsied to hear on the evening news that an earthquake in Missouri today was a magnitude 3.1 – that means it was strong enough to be felt for quite a distnace from the quake’s epicenter. We did not feel any earth tremors in Nashville, but I suspect the people in Memphis felt it.
The distance from the quake’s center was:
- 6 miles NW from Tiptonville, TN
- 6 miles SE from Marston, MO
- 8 miles ENE from Hayward, MO
- 30 miles NNW from Dyersburg, TN
- 95 miles NNE from Memphis, TN
- 155 miles SSE from St. Louis, MO